List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 4 2001 11:49pm
Subject:Benchmark
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "SDiZ" == SDiZ Cheng <sdiz@stripped> writes:

SDiZ> I have done some benchmark on my machine against mysql-3.23.41 and
SDiZ> mysql-4.0 (with laterest changeset from sasha for some test cases) on
SDiZ> a dual P-II Xeon 550 with 512M ram on Linux 2.4.4.
SDiZ> The result is somehow disappointed for me as i can't see much performance
SDiZ> improvment in mysql-4.0. And there is some performance degrade in
SDiZ> some connect, delete/drop, order by, or key2.
SDiZ> Is this result expected? or have i done anything wrong in the benchmark?

<cut>

The biggest performance improvement in 4.0 are for COUNT(DISTINCT) and
creating fulltext indexes.  Huge multiple-row insert should also be
faster, but this isn't yet enabled in the current code.

Sasha, already covered the case where some things are a bit slower.
(using binaries compiled with debugging).

For what new features 4.0 adds, that you can use to get faster
application code, please consult the 4.0 ChangeLog section in the
manual.

Regards,
Monty
Thread