List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Cadach Date:September 5 2001 11:14am
Subject:LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm uses write locks to prevent other people to write to table when I'm
updates it. When updating I need to select some additional values from other
table, so I must lock it too. But because table is compressed (aka
read-only), I can't lock it with write lock. Why?

As I understand, write lock delays any writes to locked table performed by
other connections until a table is unlocked. In case with compressed
(read-only) table, it can be treaded as 'locked for write' all times when
LOCK TABLE ... WRITE issued.

WBR,
Paul.

Thread
LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Paul Cadach5 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Sinisa Milivojevic6 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Paul Cadach6 Sep
    • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Michael Widenius6 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Timothy Smith6 Sep
  • LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Michael Widenius6 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Paul Cadach6 Sep
    • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables...Timothy Smith6 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables - READ WAIT lock type...Paul Cadach7 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables - READ WAIT lock type...Dana Powers7 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables - READ WAIT lock type...Paul Cadach7 Sep
    • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables - READ WAIT lock type...Timothy Smith7 Sep
  • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables - READ WAIT lock type...Paul Cadach7 Sep
    • Re: LOCK TABLES on compressed tables - READ WAIT lock type...Benjamin Pflugmann7 Sep