List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Cadach Date:September 5 2001 7:12am
Subject:Some features to discuss
View as plain text
Hi,

I looking for features which, at my look, would be nice:
1. When someone have restricted access to a table (with column-ed
restrictions), doing 'select * from ...' must expand '*' to un-restricted
columns only, not to all;
2. As I understand, table lock prevents access to locked table from other
connections, so if I lock table 'table1' and uses it in 'select * from
table1 t1, table1 t2 ...' nobody else will have access (read or write,
depends on lock type) to locked table 'table1'. So, question is: Why I must
specify table alias in LOCK TABLES command to lock tables for which I uses
aliases?

WBR,
Paul.

Thread
Some features to discussPaul Cadach5 Sep
  • Re: Some features to discussSinisa Milivojevic5 Sep
  • Re: Some features to discussPaul Cadach5 Sep
    • Re: Some features to discussSinisa Milivojevic5 Sep
  • Some features to discussMichael Widenius6 Sep