List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 3 2001 8:55am
Subject:Re: Mysql and OpenSSL
View as plain text
Hi!

This is a list dedicated to discussions about MySQL internals;  Please
redirect questions like this to mysql@stripped

Moser> config:
Moser> Server Version: Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux)
Moser> mod_ssl/2.8.1 OpenSSL/0.9.6 DAV/1.0.2 PHP/4.0.4pl1
Moser> mod_perl/1.24_01

Moser> mysql-3.23.36-1
Moser> mysql-server-3.23.36-1

Moser> Problem:
Moser> DB-connection worked properly with http://
Moser> I changed the apache server to automated onforwarding from http to
Moser> https.

Moser> Result: Database Connections are not available any more. I
Moser> assume that the SSL encryption of the password is not reckoned
Moser> by mysql.

Moser> Please let me know whow to proceed. I didn't find any help in the
Moser> docs and discussions on apache, openssl, mysql.

MySQL should be totally independent on if you are using http or https.
Even if you use MySQL for storing user names and passwords, MySQL
should get the username and password in clear text.

Sorry, but without knowing exactly what you are doing, we have a hard
time helping you.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Re: Mysql and OpenSSLMoser Wilhelm2 Sep
  • Re: Mysql and OpenSSLMichael Widenius3 Sep
    • Re: Mysql and OpenSSLMoser Wilhelm3 Sep
  • Re: Mysql and OpenSSLColin Faber3 Sep
  • Re: Mysql and OpenSSLColin Faber3 Sep