List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 2 2001 4:15pm
Subject:Re: understanding the source
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Timothy" == Timothy Smith <tim@stripped> writes:

<cut>

Timothy> In every instance but one, write_row() is called with
table-> record[0].

Timothy> I'm not sure why ha_myisam::write_row() would only update the
Timothy> auto_increment counter if buf == table->record[0].  I suppose it
Timothy> could be an optimization for create_myisam_from_heap(), but that
Timothy> seems unlikely.  Maybe Monty can explain a bit more.

The check is mainly there because the auto_increment update code only
works with record[0].

As we always uses record[0] for write_row, except in sql_acl.cc,
(where we don't use auto_increment keys), this restriction isn't a
problem.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
understanding the sourceBenjamin Pflugmann30 Aug
  • bug confirmed (was: Re: understanding the source)Benjamin Pflugmann30 Aug
  • Re: understanding the sourceBenjamin Pflugmann30 Aug
    • Re: understanding the sourceMichael Widenius30 Aug
    • Re: understanding the sourceTimothy Smith30 Aug
      • Re: understanding the sourceMichael Widenius2 Sep
  • understanding the sourceMichael Widenius2 Sep