List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Beyond The Curb Date:October 2 2000 2:44pm
Subject:Coping Tables!
View as plain text
Hi,

This maybe somewhat of a dumb question but I am having the worst time figuring out how to
copy tables.
This is the string I was using:

CREATE TABLE new_table_name SELECT * FROM old_table_name; also
CREATE TABLE new_table_name SELECT * FROM old_table_name WHERE 1 = 0;
and mysql says error in syntax at 'select * from etc.'

I had to build an exact replica the old fashioned way but would love to be able to copy in
one simple string,
Are you even able to copy tables now and if so how or what am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.
THANK YOU!
Trisha

Coping Tables!Beyond The Curb2 Oct