List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 27 2001 7:34am
Subject:Small feature request.
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Zaitsev <pz@stripped> writes:

Peter> Hello monty,
Peter>   Today once again I was trying to recover auto_increment value which
Peter>   somehow got to max_int and sow blocked all insertes to the table.
Peter>   The grate problem currently is there is no chance to do it directly
Peter>   from server - so I had to lock table flush  it an then fix with
Peter>   myisamchk. So hope in 4.x you will add such option to repair table.

Thanks for pointing this out.

The only problem is coming up with a good option for
'myisam-recover' and REPAIR TABLE to do this.

If no one comes up with anything better, I think we have to go for:

'REPAIR TABLE table_name FAST AUTO_INCREMENT'

and

'myisam-recover=auto_increment'

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Small feature request.Michael Widenius27 Aug