List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Cadach Date:November 23 2000 12:28pm
Subject:Assuming compressed tables as read-only is wrong?
View as plain text

When I'm trying to realize my idea to have compressed
tables without shutting down the server, I got a message
that table is read-only. An idea is looks like:
1) Create (temporary) table aaa_tmp from aaa (or get it from
scratch, not
2) Compress (temporary) table aaa_tmp with
3) Drop original table aaa
4) Do: ALTER TABLE aaa_tmp RENAME AS aaa

At step 4) I got "table aaa_tmp is read-only". Does
tables required to be "non-updateable" rather than

Paul Cadach, Leading Software Engineer
IT Department
East-Kazakhstan Regional Board of Telecommunications

Assuming compressed tables as read-only is wrong?Paul Cadach23 Nov
  • Re: Assuming compressed tables as read-only is wrong?sasha23 Nov