List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Cadach Date:November 23 2000 12:28pm
Subject:Assuming compressed tables as read-only is wrong?
View as plain text
Hi,

When I'm trying to realize my idea to have compressed
tables without shutting down the server, I got a message
that table is read-only. An idea is looks like:
1) Create (temporary) table aaa_tmp from aaa (or get it from
scratch, not
   depends)
2) Compress (temporary) table aaa_tmp with
*isampack/*isamchk
3) Drop original table aaa
4) Do: ALTER TABLE aaa_tmp RENAME AS aaa

At step 4) I got "table aaa_tmp is read-only". Does
compressed
tables required to be "non-updateable" rather than
"read-only"?

WBR,
Paul.
--
Paul Cadach, Leading Software Engineer
IT Department

Thread
Assuming compressed tables as read-only is wrong?Paul Cadach23 Nov
  • Re: Assuming compressed tables as read-only is wrong?sasha23 Nov