List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Cole Date:August 16 2001 2:43am
Subject:Re: Need a custom function
View as plain text
Hi,

> I would like to create a mySQL function 'SchoolYear' which gets a date
> and returns the year based on a certain cycle-cut-off date (one other
> than December 31, naturally0)

You should perhaps write this function more generalized, if I understand
what you are aiming for correctly, it could also be used for determining
fiscal years, and other similar things.

> I don't program in C (i do some Perl), but I would like to give it a
> shot, either by:
>
> 1) adding this function to the source and thus hard-coding it

I would say to go with this option.  As long as you write quality,
generalized code, there is a good chance of it being included in the main
distribution.

On the technical side of things, I can't comment, but I know one of my
colleagues will answer you there.

Regards,

Jeremy

--
For technical support contracts, go to https://order.mysql.com/

Thread
Need a custom functionseawolf16 Aug
  • Re: Need a custom functionJeremy Cole16 Aug