List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yuri Dario Date:November 20 2000 9:22pm
Subject:Re: Patches for OS/2 port 3.23.xx
View as plain text
Hi,

I forgot to add a description of my patches :-)

getopt.h: added EMX definition of getopt.
global.h: included os2.h at top: that's becase also OS2.H defines VOID
(as void). But MySQL has a VOID(A). Compiling os2.h after MySQL
definition will broke all VOID() uses.
my_global.h: same as above.
my_sys.h: added F_* definitions.
mysql_com.h: now socket can defined at compile command line.
thr_alarm.h: added proper typedef and correct macro/function
definition.
violite.c: ioctl() has 4 parameters also under OS/2.
violite.c: missing r definition.
ltconfig: added DLL support to libtool (untested)
getopt.c: added EMX getopt() definition.
mylock.c: flock undefined under emx.
thr_alarm.c: changed OS2 macro
	- added missing function from unix code (untested)
	- changed return code check: rc==0 means NO_ERROR!
	- thr_got_alarm needs a pointer
rltty.c: missing set_winsize.
log_event.h: pthread.h write macro undef. Otherwise macro is applied to
write() members in classes.
mysqld.cc: reload_acl_and_cache() has new parameters.
	- fixed mistyping (= instead of ,)
net_serv.cc: fixed thr_* calls.
slave.cc: fixed thr_* calls.
sql_class.h: pthread.h write macro undef.
sql_load.cc: ifdef around symlink.

A few considerations about them:
Major trouble is for thr_* functions: sometimes args are pointers to
data, sometimes args are passed by value. I think that such functions
should be properly rewritten, using the same system (e.g. arg by
pointer) everywhere.

Bye,

	Yuri Dario

/*
 * member of TeamOS/2 - Italy
 * http://www.quasarbbs.net/yuri
 */

Thread
Patches for OS/2 port 3.23.xxYuri Dario18 Nov
  • Re: Patches for OS/2 port 3.23.xxsasha18 Nov
    • Re: Patches for OS/2 port 3.23.xxYuri Dario18 Nov
Re: Patches for OS/2 port 3.23.xxYuri Dario20 Nov