Good news - I was able to repeat and fix the bug that several people have
reported but were not able to repeat. No wonder - even after I noticed the
problem in the source, it took some creative work to be able to write a test
case for it. ( We try to write a test case for every bug we find, even if we
find it just by visual inspection).
The symptom of the bug was that you would get a message in the slave error
log about the lost connection due to a low setting of max_allowed_packet when
max_allowed_packet setting was not the problem at all.
The fix is to upgrade to 3.23.40, which should be out within 24 hours ( this
is why I have not bothered to make a patch, if somebody really cannot wait,
let me know).
To work around, if you hit this problem before 3.23.40 becomes available, do:
SHOW SLAVE STATUS;
remember the offset
subtract 22 from it and obtain the value of new_pos
CHANGE MASTER TO MASTER_LOG_POS=new_pos
Let's hope this is the last replication bug in 3.23 :-)
MySQL Development Team
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/
__ ___ ___ ____ __
/ |/ /_ __/ __/ __ \/ / Sasha Pachev <sasha@stripped>
/ /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ MySQL AB, http://www.mysql.com/
/_/ /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ Provo, Utah, USA