List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 18 2001 12:00pm
Subject:Re: Potential MySQL replication bug
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Simon" == Simon Cocking <simon@stripped> writes:

<cut>

>> What timeout value have we missed?

Simon> I believe Sasha hit the nail on the head -- a separate timer for
Simon> replication queries, to allow for extremely large data transfer between
Simon> servers.  Ideally, a replication timer should not be necessary since
Simon> (bugs notwithstanding :o) replication involves two MySQL *servers*, not
Simon> one server and an unknown client.  Networking being what it is,
Simon> though... :o)

We have added a replication timer for slaves in 3.23.40 (default one
hour / packet), which I am building for distribution just now.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Re: Potential MySQL replication bugSimon Cocking17 Jul
  • Re: Potential MySQL replication bugMichael Widenius17 Jul
    • Re: Potential MySQL replication bugSimon Cocking18 Jul
      • Re: Potential MySQL replication bugMichael Widenius18 Jul
  • Re: Potential MySQL replication bugSasha Pachev17 Jul
bk commit into 4.0 tree (lenz:1.1629)lenz25 Nov