List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Pflugmann Date:July 4 2001 2:47pm
Subject:Re: idle connections
View as plain text
Hi Sinisa,

> First of all, you are right,m this is hardly a question for internals.

It was more meant as a feature suggestion, than a question. But -
point taken.

> Second, I do not think that it would be wise for MySQL to kill a
> sleeping connection, just to make room for the new one, for many
> reasons.
>
> Last, but not least, you can alsways tune up things with
> wait_timeout.

I learned meanwhile, that my explanation wasn't too well, because most
people referred me to the already existing tuning parameters
max_connections and wait_timeout, both of which I am well aware of.

Of course, the correct handling is tuning the server, but I meant the
behaviour of MySQL, when things are not tuned up.

Regards,

        Benjamin.

Thread
idle connectionsBenjamin Pflugmann3 Jul
  • Re: idle connectionsSasha Pachev3 Jul
  • Re: idle connectionsRussell E Glaue3 Jul
    • Re: idle connectionsBenjamin Pflugmann3 Jul
      • Re: idle connectionsJeremy Zawodny3 Jul
        • recycle-idle-connection theory - Re: idle connectionsRussell E Glaue3 Jul
          • Re: recycle-idle-connection theory - Re: idle connectionsJeremy Zawodny3 Jul
  • idle connectionsMichael Widenius4 Jul
    • Re: idle connectionsBenjamin Pflugmann4 Jul
  • Re: idle connectionsSinisa Milivojevic4 Jul
    • Re: idle connectionsBenjamin Pflugmann4 Jul