List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Serge Sozonoff Date:November 15 2000 11:02am
Subject:FW: mysql 3.22.32 + Redhat 6.2 - Strange behavior
View as plain text
Hello all,

System
------
RedHat 6.2 / Intel
256Mb RAM

Apache
PHP
Mysql 3.22.32

I have been experiencing some very strange behavior from mysql that make me
a little uneasy at the moment.
I just brought up a db driven website using Apache+PHP+mysql and mysql has
started acting a bit strange.

Over time, I seem to be losing data as far as querying the mysql database is

concerned. All of a sudden queries to the database return no data!
When I looked at my latest backup done with mysqldump, it was over 50%
smaller
in file size.  Yikes!! When I did some db queries that normally return
results, no results
were returned!

I shutdown apache and mysql and then restarted the daemons.

All my data came back! I quickly did a backup again and file size of the
backed-up db was
back to what I had expected.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there some sort of memory leak in the mysql daemon that could be causing
this?

The symptoms apeared after about a 1-2weeks of uptime.

I also run a backup script every night that looks like this:

--- cut ---
echo "Backing up FreezeFotoz database..."
/usr/local/bin/mysqldump -l --opt -uxxxxx -pxxxxx skiphotos \
        |gzip > /disk2/db-backups/freezedb-backup_`date "+%Y%m%d"`.gz

echo "Checking all the databases ..."
/usr/local/bin/isamchk -s /usr/local/var/*/*.ISM

echo "Removing old FreezeFotoz backups..."
find /disk2/db-backups -mtime +14 -exec rm -f {} \;

echo "Backing up all FreezeFotoz images ......"
tar -cz /skiphotos/images > /disk2/image-backups/images-backup_`date
"+%Y%m%d"`.tar.gz

echo "Removing old FreezeFotoz image backups..."
find /disk2/image-backups -mtime +14 -exec rm -f {} \;

echo "Done!"