List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Antony T Curtis Date:July 2 2001 9:33am
Subject:Re: mysql user interface issues
View as plain text
Timothy Smith wrote:

> We also plan to change how the SHOW commands work, so that they
> are real queries that accept WHERE, GROUP, ORDER, etc. clauses.
> This would be really handy for things like:
>
>     mysql> show full processlist where Command <> 'Sleep'
>         -> order by Time desc limit 20;
>
> I have thought that it would be good to change all of the SHOW
> commands to use special tables in the mysql database, and do
> away with the SHOW syntax altogether.  So you would have:
>
>     mysql> select Command, State, Time, Info
>         -> from mysql.processlist
>         -> where Command <> 'Sleep'
>         -> order by Time desc limit 20;
>
> Not everyone agrees with me that this is a good idea.

I personally think this would be an excellent idea to implement them as
tables.

The older SHOW syntax should be kept but would internally be translated
into SELECT statements.

--
ANTONY T CURTIS                     Tel: +44 (1635) 36222
Abacus Polar Holdings Ltd           Fax: +44 (1635) 38670
> Real Users hate Real Programmers.
Thread
mysql user interface issuesJason Moore26 Jun
  • Re: mysql user interface issuesSinisa Milivojevic27 Jun
  • mysql user interface issuesMichael Widenius27 Jun
  • Re: mysql user interface issuesTimothy Smith27 Jun
    • Re: mysql user interface issuesMichael Widenius27 Jun
    • Re: mysql user interface issuesJeremy Zawodny2 Jul
  • Re: mysql user interface issuesAntony T Curtis2 Jul
Re: mysql user interface issuesbtjones2 Jul
  • Re: mysql user interface issuesTimothy Smith3 Jul