List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:September 28 2000 6:56pm
Subject:Re: closing a list, opening a list
View as plain text
A month ago I said we'd be closing the developer@ list in a week.
Well, obviously it hasn't happened, yet.  But it's going to,
soon.

The purpose of the internals list will be identical to the
stated purpose of the developer list.  Namely:

    A list for people who work on the MySQL code. On this list
    one can also discuss MySQL development and post patches.

We do not plan to automatically subscribe those who are now
subscribed to the developer list.

If you are interested in discussing the guts of MySQL - hacking a
new feature, removing an old bug (what? there shouldn't be any of
those...), etc. - please subscribe now to the new list.  Send a
message to:

        internals-subscribe@stripped

We'll be shutting down the old developer@ list after one week, to
give people a chance to read this and make the switch.

I didn't get any comments about this from my previous message.  If
you have any concerns about this change, please post it here so we
can make sure everyone is taken care of.

Thanks,

Tim
--
Tim Smith   < tim@stripped >  :MySQL Development Team:  Boone, NC  USA.

Thread
Re: closing a list, opening a listThimble Smith2 Oct