List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 27 2001 8:10pm
Subject:Re: mysql user interface issues
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Timothy" == Timothy Smith <tim@stripped> writes:

Timothy> We also plan to change how the SHOW commands work, so that they
Timothy> are real queries that accept WHERE, GROUP, ORDER, etc. clauses.
Timothy> This would be really handy for things like:

mysql> show full processlist where Command <> 'Sleep'
-> order by Time desc limit 20;

Timothy> I have thought that it would be good to change all of the SHOW
Timothy> commands to use special tables in the mysql database, and do
Timothy> away with the SHOW syntax altogether.  So you would have:

mysql> select Command, State, Time, Info
-> from mysql.processlist
-> where Command <> 'Sleep'
-> order by Time desc limit 20;

My not refined thoughts was somewhere in between:

show processlist Command, State, Time, Info where Command <> 'Sleep' order by Time
desc limit 20;

The end result is about the same.

It may be that we will go with Tim suggestion, just because this will
be easer for standard SQL clients to handle.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
mysql user interface issuesJason Moore26 Jun
  • Re: mysql user interface issuesSinisa Milivojevic27 Jun
  • mysql user interface issuesMichael Widenius27 Jun
  • Re: mysql user interface issuesTimothy Smith27 Jun
    • Re: mysql user interface issuesMichael Widenius27 Jun
    • Re: mysql user interface issuesJeremy Zawodny2 Jul
  • Re: mysql user interface issuesAntony T Curtis2 Jul
Re: mysql user interface issuesbtjones2 Jul
  • Re: mysql user interface issuesTimothy Smith3 Jul