List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 25 2001 9:33am
Subject:Re: Testing MySQL 4.0 (Err on FBSD? or just yacc commit?)
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Sasha" == Sasha Pachev <sasha@stripped> writes:

Sasha> On Friday 22 June 2001 08:47, Ken Menzel wrote:
>> 1) I can upload the table, but be aware it is created from the mysql
>> sql_bench directory. You can run the program ./sql_bench/test-insert,
>> however I am aware the table generated on FreeBSD may be different.
>>
>> 2) How do you want me to send the table?  IE mysqldump it? or do you
>> want the directory tared, zipped and sent?
>>
>> 3)  I will e-mail you privately in a moment.
>>
>> 4)  I will be out the rest of the weekend /day (I am a ham radio
>> operator and this weekend we have a national ham radio event called
>> 'field day'. )

Sasha> Ken:

Sasha> I have tested it on two systems - mine and yours. On yours, it coredumps. On
Sasha> mine (Linux), it just gives an empty result set, which is wrong. I have been
Sasha> able to narrow down the problem a bit - the bug happens when you order by on
Sasha> a key while selecting something outside of that key, order by is solved with
Sasha> filesort, and filesort overflows the sort buffer.

Sasha> I will write a test case for it, commit it to the repository and Monty or
Sasha> Sergei will fix it - that's their code.

I have now fixed this and pushed the code.

Sergei still has a bug in the new key-pack code that he will hopefully
fix today. After that 4.0 should again be in working condition.

Regards,
Monty
Thread