List:InnoDB Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Satpute Date:March 12 2014 11:08pm
Subject:Can't we grow mysql tablespace configured on raw LVM volume, once it
gets out of space ?
View as plain text
Hi,

Can't we grow mysql tablespace configured on raw LVM volume, once it gets
out of space ?

I did following tests:
1) configured mysql server on raw LVM volume of size 20MB with following
parameter.
      innodb_data_file_path=/dev/vg1/lvol0:20Mnewraw

2) Once it get initialised, stopped the MySQL server. updated above as
below and restarted server.
      innodb_data_file_path=/dev/vg1/lvol0:20Mraw

3) Created mysql table and inserted many rows till I hit the "out of space"
for above volume..
4) Grow LVM volume to 2GB
5) Restarted the Server.
While restarting server, MySQL does not throw any error but now not even
able to insert new rows in same table even if underlying volume has been
grown to 2GB.

I tried to use "autoextend" flag also but looks it works only with
tablespace configured on FileSystem but does not work for raw volume.

I am aware that, new tablespace can be added by specifying new volume but
is there any way to grow existing tablespace in above scenario ?

Thanks,
Vivek S

Thread
Can't we grow mysql tablespace configured on raw LVM volume, once itgets out of space ?Vivek Satpute12 Mar 2014