List:InnoDB Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wiebe Cazemier Date:November 12 2013 6:43am
Subject:Role of ibdata1 for DB with innodb_file_per_table
View as plain text
Hi,

I unfortunately probably already know what the answer is, but to be sure:

Does the ibdata1 file contain information for databases of which all tables are InnoDB and
created with innodb_file_per_table? In other words, when I remove ibdata1 and the log
files (when MySQL is shut doen), will it destroy these databases?

Regards,

Wiebe

Thread
Role of ibdata1 for DB with innodb_file_per_tableWiebe Cazemier12 Nov
  • Re: Role of ibdata1 for DB with innodb_file_per_tableReindl Harald12 Nov