List:InnoDB Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luis Motta Campos Date:February 9 2012 10:56pm
Subject:Re: SAN guidelines for MySQL
View as plain text
On 9 Feb 2012, at 23:03, Reindl Harald wrote:
> which downtime?
> replication anywhere?
> why do you believe this?
> this is not a technical problem
> but where is te problem?
> not if it is done right

Dear Reindl,

From your questions I can see that you are indeed doing your homework. :) I'm glad to
learn this.

I couldn't devise a way I would feel comfortable deploying a SAN on my environments
without having to stand some write downtime - this is annoying and I would like to avoid
it. Of course, YMMV, and you might be able to find a better solution.

Non-technical issues and how to justify costs are part of my attributions as a DBA it
might be that you're lucky enough to work for some business that stopped caring about how
much technology costs, and this makes your life much simpler and easier. :) Lucky you.

I would very much like to read your ideas about how to execute the failovers required to
deploy your databases on SAN, this could give me good ideas about how to do similar
things on my environment.

Kind regards,
--
Luis Motta Campos
is a DBA, Foodie, and Photographer

Thread
SAN guidelines for MySQLANIL YADAV9 Feb
  • Re: SAN guidelines for MySQLLuis Motta Campos9 Feb
    • Re: SAN guidelines for MySQLReindl Harald9 Feb