List:InnoDB Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:drsystems Date:January 26 2012 2:12pm
Subject:Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1
View as plain text
Thank you, both of your suggestions make sense. I am hoping that for new
customers we will useinnodb_file_per_table=1.

  Dirce

> The size of the ibdata files is set on your my.cnf by the parameter
>
> innodb_data_file_path=*datafile_spec1*[;*datafile_spec2*]...
>

> you cannot make it smaller then the size you have set in your my.cnf
> Please check you are using a smaller value in your my.cnf when you load
> your backup
>
> I would suggest you to use  the parameter innodb_file_per_table=1. In that
> way you can have a small ibdata file  and a data file per each table.
> The size of the file per table is automaticaly increased or descreased on
> the basis of your database size.
>
> I hope that can help you.
>

> 2012/1/24 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped>
>

>> Am 24.01.2012 13:55, schrieb drsystems@stripped:
>> > Hi,
>> > I have read several articles in the Internet on how to dump and
>> re-create
>> > an innodb to reclaim disk space. I am trying to do this in a test
>> > environment, but no luck.
>> >
>> > I run the commands and script below, but after the dump is fed back
>> into
>> > mysql, the sizes of ibdata1, logs, and dbmail/session.MYD are the
>> same.
>> > Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong, or if my test is
>> just
>> > not big enough to work?

Thread
reducing the size of a ibdata1drsystems24 Jan
  • Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1Reindl Harald24 Jan
    • Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1franco riggi25 Jan
  • Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1drsystems27 Jan