List:InnoDB Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:franco riggi Date:January 25 2012 11:39am
Subject:Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1
View as plain text
The size of the ibdata files is set on your my.cnf by the parameter

you cannot make it smaller then the size you have set in your my.cnf
Please check you are using a smaller value in your my.cnf when you load
your backup

I would suggest you to use  the parameter innodb_file_per_table=1. In that
way you can have a small ibdata file  and a data file per each table.
The size of the file per table is automaticaly increased or descreased on
the basis of your database size.

I hope that can help you.

2012/1/24 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped>

> Am 24.01.2012 13:55, schrieb drsystems@stripped:
> > Hi,
> > I have read several articles in the Internet on how to dump and re-create
> > an innodb to reclaim disk space. I am trying to do this in a test
> > environment, but no luck.
> >
> > I run the commands and script below, but after the dump is fed back into
> > mysql, the sizes of ibdata1, logs, and dbmail/session.MYD are the same.
> > Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong, or if my test is just
> > not big enough to work?

reducing the size of a ibdata1drsystems24 Jan
  • Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1Reindl Harald24 Jan
    • Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1franco riggi25 Jan
  • Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1drsystems27 Jan