List:InnoDB Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:franco riggi Date:January 25 2012 11:39am
Subject:Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1
View as plain text
The size of the ibdata files is set on your my.cnf by the parameter

innodb_data_file_path=*datafile_spec1*[;*datafile_spec2*]...

you cannot make it smaller then the size you have set in your my.cnf
Please check you are using a smaller value in your my.cnf when you load
your backup

I would suggest you to use  the parameter innodb_file_per_table=1. In that
way you can have a small ibdata file  and a data file per each table.
The size of the file per table is automaticaly increased or descreased on
the basis of your database size.

I hope that can help you.

2012/1/24 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped>

> Am 24.01.2012 13:55, schrieb drsystems@stripped:
> > Hi,
> > I have read several articles in the Internet on how to dump and re-create
> > an innodb to reclaim disk space. I am trying to do this in a test
> > environment, but no luck.
> >
> > I run the commands and script below, but after the dump is fed back into
> > mysql, the sizes of ibdata1, logs, and dbmail/session.MYD are the same.
> > Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong, or if my test is just
> > not big enough to work?

Thread
reducing the size of a ibdata1drsystems24 Jan
  • Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1Reindl Harald24 Jan
    • Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1franco riggi25 Jan
  • Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1drsystems27 Jan