List:InnoDB Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:January 24 2012 4:19pm
Subject:Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1
View as plain text

Am 24.01.2012 13:55, schrieb drsystems@stripped:
> Hi,
> I have read several articles in the Internet on how to dump and re-create
> an innodb to reclaim disk space. I am trying to do this in a test
> environment, but no luck.
>
> I run the commands and script below, but after the dump is fed back into
> mysql, the sizes of ibdata1, logs, and dbmail/session.MYD are the same.
> Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong, or if my test is just
> not big enough to work?

how should anybody answer this question without knowing
how large your database is? if you are not speaking about
several GB you will not notice any difference

reducing the size of a ibdata1drsystems24 Jan
  • Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1Reindl Harald24 Jan
    • Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1franco riggi25 Jan
  • Re: reducing the size of a ibdata1drsystems27 Jan