List:InnoDB Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lenz Grimmer Date:June 18 2009 4:18pm
Subject:Call for Participation: OpenSQL Camp at FrOSCon (St. Augustin,
Germany, 22+23 August 2009)
View as plain text
Hi there,

OpenSQL Camp is a free conference of, by, and for the open-source database
community of users and developers. The OpenSQLCamp 2009, European Edition
(http://opensqlcamp.org/) will take part in parallel to the Free and Open
Source Conference 2009 (http://froscon.org/) on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd
August in St. Augustin, Germany, which is located close to Bonn and Cologne.

The goal of this event is to spread the word about the vibrant communities and
large ecosystems that exist around Open Source Databases and to educate the
attendees about possible alternatives to commercial databases. It is a place
where people come to learn, to participate and to contribute.

We would like to invite your project to participate in this event.

We've set up a call for participation
(http://opensqlcamp.org/Events/2009/Call_for_Participation) - the deadline for
submitting your proposal is *July 19th*.

We are seeking talks related to Open Source Databases of all kind, not just
relational databases! Submission about tools and technologies related to OSS
databases (e.g. connectors/APIs) are also welcome.

Some ideas and for submissions:

 * An introduction/overview about a certain database project/product or
   related tool
 * Providing "best practices" information for administrators
 * A deeply technical and developer-centric session about some project's
   internals or an API used to connect to a database

We look forward to your contribution! Please don't hesitate to contact us via
IRC (#opensqlcamp on FreeNode) or our Discussion Group
(http://groups.google.com/group/opensqlcamp)

Thanks!

Bye,
	LenZ
--
Lenz Grimmer - MySQL Community Relations Manager -  http://de.sun.com/
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten,  DE

Call for Participation: OpenSQL Camp at FrOSCon (St. Augustin,Germany, 22+23 August 2009)Lenz Grimmer18 Jun