List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Wexler Date:January 30 2002 7:57pm
Subject:Re: feature request
View as plain text
Note, that it might help to have a little background as to why I want the
particular features I asked for.

Specifically, I run a server that normally has been 100-250 threads active at
any particular time. When the database starts getting slow, I need a way of
quickly determining what processes are loading up the server. Currently my
technique is to do something like

echo 'show full processlist' | mysql -u xyz -ptuv | grep -v Locked | grep -v Sleep

and start from there and start narrowing things out.

A related feature that would be invaluable, would be for Locked processes to
indicate which thread was holding the lock. That way if some query is locking
out a bunch of others, it should be easy to find.