List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Friedhelm Betz Date:January 30 2002 5:21pm
Subject:MySQLCC for Win
View as plain text
Hello Jorge,

Thanks for MySQLCC. I am looking forward to have a great gui from
MySQL AB itself :-)
I just  installed MySQLCC on WIN2k Advanced Server and its looking
good, although some functionality is missing so far :-) But I hope
it's coming.
So here are my suggestions/issues/feedback:

Installation:

For my convinience i didn't isntall MySQLCC under /programm files.
The first start provided an error message: couldn' find syntax files.
The related path looked like : M:\\syntax.txt and not the path where
MySQLCC is installed: d:\dbclients\MySQLCC\syntax.txt ( My winnt
system drive is M). This is true for all pathes. I had to adjust this,
and all worked fine! Not a great issue in alpha-state, just for your records.

Administration panel:

It would be nice to have the status in vertikal order like the
variables pane. It's hard to scroll:-)

Future Request:

In the main pane MySQL Servers you can select a database, then a
table, get the context menue and do some operations like drop rename
and so on. In the messages pane the result is shown, but not the
corresponding SQL syntax. Would be fine to see this. More general it
would be nice to got this written to the SQL history and to have the
choice to display the SQL History from any window, e.g an option
display SQL History.

 Just the points from a quick view on MySQLCC.

 Friedhelm  Betz

Thread
MySQLCC for WinFriedhelm Betz30 Jan
  • RE: MySQLCC for WinJorge del Conde30 Jan