List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jorge del Conde Date:January 9 2003 11:26pm
Subject:Re: Can't modify a table from MyISAM to InnoDB
View as plain text
Hi!

Aparently this has something to do with your configuration and/or system;  I
just tested it and it worked fine for me!

Can you please run the following queries in the command client and tell me
what happens:

CREATE TABLE `tmp` (`test` varchar(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' , PRIMARY KEY
(`test`)) TYPE=MYISAM PACK_KEYS=DEFAULT ROW_FORMAT=DEFAULT;
#the above query creates a MyISAM table
ALTER TABLE `tmp`
DROP PRIMARY KEY, CHANGE `test` `test` varchar(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
FIRST,
ADD PRIMARY KEY (`test`), TYPE=INNODB PACK_KEYS=DEFAULT ROW_FORMAT=DEFAULT;
#the above query modifies a MyISAM table to InnoDB

Regards,
Jorge
--
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mjdc