List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Hooper Date:February 20 2002 2:30pm
Subject:RE: MyCC on WinXP box wont connect to MySQL on Linux box
View as plain text
If I were you I'd try the command-line client (downloadable from
www.mysql.com) for troubleshooting.

Type in:

C:\> cd \mysql (assuming you installed the client in c:\mysql)
C:\mysql> mysql -h 192.168.0.1 -u username -p
Password: <password>

Most likely you don't have a user set up for your Windows box. A user
has a name, password, and host he can connect from. Just because you can
log in as "root@localhost" on the Linux box doesn't mean you can on the
WinXP box.

Needless to say, if you can't connect from the command-line it isn't a
MyCC problem. You'll get a more descriptive error message and you can
refer to the docs at www.mysql.com for advice. If you want you can
e-mail me personally and I'll guide ya through it.

Good luck!

Adam Hooper
adamh@stripped

Thread
MyCC on WinXP box wont connect to MySQL on Linux boxHarris20 Feb
  • RE: MyCC on WinXP box wont connect to MySQL on Linux boxAdam Hooper20 Feb