List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Hooper Date:February 14 2002 4:49pm
Subject:Feature request: Command-line tool integration
View as plain text
I don't know how many people would benefit from this [rather complex]
feature, but I know *I* would:

I think it'd be really cool to get two windows open in a few clicks --
one a "results" window (a grid like what you get when you double-click
on a table in the MyCC table list), and the other a clone of the MySQL
command-line tool. You'd type any queries into the command-line tool
(syntax highlighting would be cool but by no means necessary...) and
when you'd end your query with a semicolon and hit Enter the results
would appear in the results window.

This would be awesome for doing stuff like ALTER TABLE <table>; DESCRIBE
results really quickly and in an easy-to-read view (I'm sure I'm not the
only one who gets confused when the command-line tool word-wraps). It'd
be great for lower-level freaks like me :)

As a more realistic feature request, simply having the command-line tool
a click away and integrated would be a great feature.

Thanks!

Adam Hooper
adamh@stripped

Thread
Feature request: Command-line tool integrationAdam Hooper14 Feb
  • RE: Feature request: Command-line tool integrationRichard Morton16 Feb