List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jorge del Conde Date:October 16 2002 2:29pm
Subject:RE: Newest bk commit
View as plain text
Hi!

> Whee! What a monster change!

:)

> - Is inline editing gone for good? I thought it was in a
> working state
> before. Should one at least be allowed to go to the text
> editor and edit
> in there?

No, inline editing is not gone for good.  Even though Alexander
Stetsenko's code was pretty good for inline editing, there was a huge
design-flaw in the previous CSqlTable class which made inline editing a
patch more than a feature.  Also, with the prevous design adding support
for insert & delete record was very complicated.  On another issue, the
new CSqlTable class is very basic;  this will make adding support for
huge tables a lot easier than before.

I will try and add up inline editing as well as insert & delete record
today and if I get it finished nicely before tomorrow 0.8.5 will support
them all.  If not, inline editing, insert & delete will have to wait
until 0.8.6.

> - It's possible to bind multiple hotkeys to the same key.

Not "automatically" ... for instance, the query editor has a
configurable bind-key for execute, but it also has CTRL-ENTER coded
programatically.

> - Is it just me, or do tables load up much faster?

In theory everything should load up much faster and work much more
smoothly than prevous versions of mycc.

Please, if you find any bugs with the current bk tree version let me
know ASAP so that they can be fixed by 0.8.5 !!!

Regards,
Jorge
--
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mjdc

Thread
Newest bk commitAdam Hooper16 Oct
  • RE: Newest bk commitJorge del Conde16 Oct
    • Re: Newest bk commitAdam Hooper16 Oct