List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:May 25 2011 11:06pm
Subject:MySQL Workbench 5.2.34 GA available
View as plain text
The MySQL Developer Tools team is pleased to announce the next release of it's flagship
product, MySQL Workbench, version 5.2.34. This is a maintenance release containing 100 bug
fixes; ranging from stability improvements on all supported platforms - including some
that prevented startup in certain environments - to minor but significant usability

As always, we want to thank everyone for the great feedback we have received. This helps
us to continuously improve the functionality and stability of MySQL Workbench - we
appreciate all your ideas for improving MySQL Workbench.  Please keep sending us your

MySQL Workbench 5.2 GA

- Data Modeling
- Query (replaces the old MySQL Query Browser)
- Administration (replaces the old MySQL Administrator)

Please get your copy from our Download site. Sources and binary packages are available for
several platforms, including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.

Workbench Documentation can be found here.

In addition to the new Query/SQL Development and Administration modules, version 5.2
features improved stability and performance – especially in Windows, where OpenGL
support has been enhanced and the UI was optimized to offer better responsiveness. This
release also includes improvements to the scripting capabilities of the SQL Editor. You
can read more about it in

For a detailed list of resolved issues, see the change log.

If you need any additional info or help please get in touch with us.

Post in our forums, leave comments on our blog pages or if you want to talk to us directly
you can visit us on our IRC channel #workbench

- The MySQL Workbench Team

MySQL Workbench 5.2.34 GA availableJohannes Taxacher26 May