List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:December 9 2010 12:27am
Subject:MySQL Workbench 5.2.31 GA available
View as plain text
We're proud to announce the next release of MySQL Workbench, version 5.2.31. This is a
maintenance release focusing on general product improvement and usability.

We managed to close 97 bugs for this release.

MySQL Workbench:  Remote Administration on Windows – Support for Windows
“Remote” Management within the New Server Instance Wizard and Manage Server
Instance Form. This works for servers on the same domain (or trusted) – ie typical
Windows LAN environments.  We expect Windows users to prefer this “native”
way to do remote admin on Windows.  SSH remote admin has been available for some time on
Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.

MySQL Workbench:  Utilities Plugin – Starts a shell that contains a set of python
scripts that perform basic tasks such as copying, exporting, and importing databases,
finding database objects or processes, cloning servers and cloning users.

MySQL Workbench: Scripting shell – Provides python plugin scripters with break
points, start, step, pause, and added debug information.

As always, we want to thank everyone for the great feedback we have received. This helps
us to continuously improve the functionality and stability of MySQL Workbench - we
appreciate all your ideas for improving MySQL Workbench.  Please keep sending us your
ideas!

MySQL Workbench 5.2 GA

- Data Modeling
- Query (replaces the old MySQL Query Browser)
- Administration (replaces the old MySQL Administrator)

Please get your copy from our Download site. Sources and binary packages are available for
several platforms, including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.

	http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/

To get started quickly, please take a look at this short tutorial.

MySQL Workbench 5.2 RC Tutorial

	http://wb.mysql.com/?p=406

Workbench Documentation can be found here.

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/index.html

In addition to the new Query/SQL Development and Administration modules, version 5.2
features improved stability and performance – especially in Windows, where OpenGL
support has been enhanced and the UI was optimized to offer better responsiveness.
This release also includes improvements to the scripting capabilities of the SQL Editor.
You can read more about it in

	http://wb.mysql.com/workbench/doc/

For a detailed list of resolved issues, see the change log.

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/wb-change-history.html

If you need any additional info or help please get in touch with us.

Post in our forums, leave comments on our blog pages or if you want to talk to us directly
you can visit us on our IRC channel #workbench on irc.freenode.net.

- The MySQL Workbench Team
Thread
MySQL Workbench 5.2.31 GA availableJohannes Taxacher9 Dec