List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:September 1 2010 1:28am
Subject:MySQL Workbench 5.2.27 GA Available
View as plain text
We're proud to announce the next release of MySQL Workbench, version 5.2.27. This is the
second maintenance release for 5.2 GA (Generally Available). This maintenance release does
not introduce any new features, but focuses on general product improvement and usability.
We hope you will make MySQL Workbench your preferred tool for Design, Development, and
Administration of your MySQL database applications.

As always, we want to thank everyone for the great feedback we have received. This helps
us to continuously improve and extend the functionality and stability of MySQL Workbench -
please keep up on approaching us with any ideas to develop our product even further.

MySQL Workbench 5.2 GA

- Data Modeling
- Query (replaces the old MySQL Query Browser)
- Administration (replaces the old MySQL Administrator)

Please get your copy from our Download site. Sources and binary packages are available for
several platforms, including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.

To get started quickly, please take a look at this short tutorial.

MySQL Workbench 5.2 RC Tutorial

Workbench Documentation can be found here.

In addition to the new Query/SQL Development and Administration modules, version 5.2
features improved stability and performance – especially in Windows, where OpenGL
support has been enhanced and the UI was optimized to offer better responsiveness.
This release also includes improvements to the scripting capabilities of the SQL Editor.
You can read more about it in

For a detailed list of resolved issues, see the change log.

If you need any additional info or help please get in touch with us.

Post in our forums, leave comments on our blog pages or if you want to talk to us directly
you can visit us on our IRC channel #workbench on

- The MySQL Workbench Team
MySQL Workbench 5.2.27 GA AvailableJohannes Taxacher1 Sep
  • Re: MySQL Workbench 5.2.27 GA Available - Fedora PackageRemi Collet2 Sep