List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Philip Stoev Date:October 19 2008 9:03pm
Subject:Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0
View as plain text
What happened is that the default binary log format for the server has been
changed to STATEMENT, from a previous default of, I think, MIXED.

By default the binary log is not enabled, so the default logging format does
not matter and Falcon works. The relevant mysqld startup option
is --mysqld=--binlog-format=ROW .

I am not sure if changing the default binary logging format was a conscious
decision and if people thought about the impact this will have on Falcon.
Interested parties may pursue this further, I wont.

Philip Stoev