List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manyi Lu Date:October 21 2008 9:09pm
Subject:Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0
View as plain text
Ann W. Harrison wrote:
>> Since I downloaded today's changes, the stress test I've been working on
>> reports the following error, apparently on every statement, though the
>> script may just be retrying a particular statement in a loop.
>>

>> DBD::mysql::db do failed: Binary logging not possible.
>>   Message: Statement-based format required for this statement, but
>>   not allowed by this combination of engines at gendata.pl line 327.
>>

> Chris suggested that the problem might be related to bug 39934, which
> has a patch.  Applying that patch didn't improve anything.  So I traced
> the problem through the code and found that there was a change in the
> latest pull from mysql-6.0-falcon-team in mysqld.cc around line 4025.
>
> Last week the code looked like this:
>
>   if (!opt_bin_log)
>     if (opt_binlog_format_id != BINLOG_FORMAT_UNSPEC)
>   {
>     sql_print_error("You need to use --log-bin to make "
>                     "--binlog-format work.");
>     unireg_abort(1);
>   }
>     else
>   {
>       global_system_variables.binlog_format= BINLOG_FORMAT_MIXED;
>     }
>   else
>     if (opt_binlog_format_id == BINLOG_FORMAT_UNSPEC)
>       global_system_variables.binlog_format= BINLOG_FORMAT_MIXED;
>
> This week it looks like this:
>
>   if (!opt_bin_log)
>   {
>     if (opt_binlog_format_id != BINLOG_FORMAT_UNSPEC)
>     {
>       sql_print_error("You need to use --log-bin to make "
>                       "--binlog-format work.");
>       unireg_abort(1);
>     }
>     else
>     {
>       global_system_variables.binlog_format= BINLOG_FORMAT_STMT;
>     }
>   }
>   else
>     if (opt_binlog_format_id == BINLOG_FORMAT_UNSPEC)
>       global_system_variables.binlog_format= BINLOG_FORMAT_STMT;
>     else
>
> And of course, Falcon doesn't work.
I remember that the default replication mode is changed from MIXED to
STATEMENT for 5.1. For 6.0, the default remains unchanged and is still
MIXED!

Minutes from serverPT 01.Oct-2008:
*Discussion on reverting back to default replication mode setting*,
statement vs. mixed (which is the default in 5.1 now)

    * Notes from 10/1: Several discussions on this. Decision: Change
      default to STATEMENT (to preserve compatibility with existing
      apps) and MIXED in templates. For 6.0 default is MIXED.

Minutes from serverPT 08.Oct-2008
*Done 07OCT2008* Follow-up from October 1: Joro will log a bug and
implement the reversion of default replication mode setting to STATEMENT.

I get the feeling that a patch on 5.1 got merged into 6.0 although it
shouldn't! Joro, could you please confirm this ASAP?

Thanks!

Manyi
Thread
Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Ann W. Harrison16 Oct
  • Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Ann W. Harrison21 Oct
    • Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Vladislav Vaintroub21 Oct
    • Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Manyi Lu21 Oct
  • Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Philip Stoev21 Oct
  • Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Philip Stoev22 Oct
Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Ann W. Harrison17 Oct
  • Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Christopher Powers18 Oct