List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lars-Erik Bjørk Date:June 12 2009 8:13am
Subject:Re: Potential bug?
View as plain text
Yes, I will do that.

It does not fix my current problems, though, but I am pretty sure that
this 'would be' / 'is the cause of' some bug, somewhere :)

/Lars

On Jun 10, 2009, at 6:33 PM, Christopher Powers wrote:

> Kevin Lewis wrote:
>> Lars-Erik,
>>
>> Good catch.  This function is in used three places within
>> IndexRootPage::indexMerge and nowhere else.  This might be your bug
>> that causes badly sorted indexes.
>>
>> Kevin
> I agree. There are three ::setKey() methods. Can you group them
> together in the header and cpp file?
>>
>> Lars-Erik Bjørk wrote:
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I came across the following funny snippet of code:
>>>
>>> void IndexKey::setKey(int offset, int length, const UCHAR *data)
>>> {
>>>    memcpy(key + offset, data, length);
>>>    length = offset + length;
>>> }
>>>
>>> I assume the writer intended to write 'keyLength = offset + length'?
>>>
>>> Unless someone has any objections, I will push a patch for this
>>> (without a review :) )
>>> and hope some existing issues disappear :)
>>>
>>> /Lars-Erik

Thread
Potential bug?Lars-Erik Bjørk10 Jun
  • Re: Potential bug?Kevin Lewis10 Jun
    • Re: Potential bug?Christopher Powers10 Jun
      • Re: Potential bug?Lars-Erik Bjørk12 Jun
        • Re: Potential bug?Lars-Erik Bjørk12 Jun