List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ann W. Harrison Date:October 21 2008 8:43pm
Subject:Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0
View as plain text
Ann W. Harrison wrote:
> Since I downloaded today's changes, the stress test I've been working on
> reports the following error, apparently on every statement, though the
> script may just be retrying a particular statement in a loop.
>

> DBD::mysql::db do failed: Binary logging not possible.
>   Message: Statement-based format required for this statement, but
>   not allowed by this combination of engines at gendata.pl line 327.

Chris suggested that the problem might be related to bug 39934, which
has a patch.  Applying that patch didn't improve anything.  So I traced
the problem through the code and found that there was a change in the
latest pull from mysql-6.0-falcon-team in mysqld.cc around line 4025.

Last week the code looked like this:

   if (!opt_bin_log)
     if (opt_binlog_format_id != BINLOG_FORMAT_UNSPEC)
   {
     sql_print_error("You need to use --log-bin to make "
                     "--binlog-format work.");
     unireg_abort(1);
   }
     else
   {
       global_system_variables.binlog_format= BINLOG_FORMAT_MIXED;
     }
   else
     if (opt_binlog_format_id == BINLOG_FORMAT_UNSPEC)
       global_system_variables.binlog_format= BINLOG_FORMAT_MIXED;

This week it looks like this:

   if (!opt_bin_log)
   {
     if (opt_binlog_format_id != BINLOG_FORMAT_UNSPEC)
     {
       sql_print_error("You need to use --log-bin to make "
                       "--binlog-format work.");
       unireg_abort(1);
     }
     else
     {
       global_system_variables.binlog_format= BINLOG_FORMAT_STMT;
     }
   }
   else
     if (opt_binlog_format_id == BINLOG_FORMAT_UNSPEC)
       global_system_variables.binlog_format= BINLOG_FORMAT_STMT;
     else

And of course, Falcon doesn't work.

I have no idea why it worked for anyone anywhere, unless I'm
the only one who turns on the bin-log.

Cheers,

Ann
Thread
Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Ann W. Harrison16 Oct
  • Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Ann W. Harrison21 Oct
    • Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Vladislav Vaintroub21 Oct
    • Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Manyi Lu21 Oct
  • Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Philip Stoev21 Oct
  • Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Philip Stoev22 Oct
Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Ann W. Harrison17 Oct
  • Re: Odd new error message since today's pull from 6.0Christopher Powers18 Oct