List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Lewis Date:May 12 2009 9:15pm
Subject:Re: DML locking behavior of Falcon and InnoDB
View as plain text
Hakan, This result looks correct for Falcon.  Do you see any bugs?  Can you close 40460
and 28006?

Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz wrote:
> Sorry, should read DDL locking behavior!
>
> ERROR 1015 is
> ERROR 1015 (HY000): Can't lock file (errno: 212)
>
> On Di, 2009-05-12 at 19:44 +0000, Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I did an analyzes of Falcon's and InnoDB's DML locking behvior.
>>
>>                Falcon       InnoDB
>>
>> DROP TABLE     blocked      blocked
>> TRUNCATE       ERROR 1015   works without block
>> DROP COLUMN    ERROR 1015   blocked
>> DROP INDEX     ERROR 1015   blocked
>> ADD COLUMN     ERROR 1015   blocked
>> ADD INDEX      ERROR 1015   blocked
>>
>> Legend:
>>
>> DROP TABLE:  DROP TABLE t1;
>> TRUNCATE:    TRUNCATE t1;
>> DROP COLUMN: ALTER TABLE t1 DROP COLUMN b;
>> DROP INDEX:  ALTER TABLE t1 DROP PRIMARY KEY;
>> ADD COLUMN:  ALTER TABLE t1 ADD COLUMN c varchar(5);
>> ADD INDEX:   ALTER TABLE t1 ADD INDEX (b);
>>
>> Details:
>> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS t1;
>>
>> CREATE TABLE t1 (a int PRIMARY KEY, b varchar(5)) Engine Falcon;
>> -- In another session with Falcon
>> CREATE TABLE t1 (a int PRIMARY KEY, b varchar(5)) Engine InnoDB;
>>
>> INSERT INTO t1 VALUES (1, 'aaaaa'), (2, 'bbbbb'), (3, 'ccccc');
>>
>> -- Connection 1
>> SET @@autocommit = 0;
>> SELECT * FROM t1;
>>
>> -- Connection 2
>> SET @@autocommit = 0;
>> -- Theses DML operations were tested in different sessions
>> DROP TABLE t1;
>> TRUNCATE t1;
>> ALTER TABLE t1 DROP COLUMN b;
>> ALTER TABLE t1 DROP PRIMARY KEY;
>> ALTER TABLE t1 ADD COLUMN c varchar(5);
>> ALTER TABLE t1 ADD INDEX (b);
>>
>> -- CONNECTION 1
>> SELECT * FROM t1;
>> SELECT * FROM t1;
>> COMMIT;
>> SELECT * FROM t1;
>>
>> --
>> Hakan Küçükyılmaz, Senior Software Engineer DBTG/MySQL
> +49 160 98953296
>> Sun Microsystems GmbH     Sonnenallee 1, DE-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
>> Geschaeftsfuehrer:  Thomas Schroeder, Wolfang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
>> Vorsitz d. Aufs.rat.: Martin Haering   HRB MUC 161028     49.011, 8.376

Thread
DML locking behavior of Falcon and InnoDBHakan Kuecuekyilmaz12 May
  • Re: DML locking behavior of Falcon and InnoDBHakan Kuecuekyilmaz12 May
    • Re: DML locking behavior of Falcon and InnoDBKevin Lewis13 May
  • Re: DML locking behavior of Falcon and InnoDBAnn W. Harrison13 May