List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz Date:May 12 2009 9:39pm
Subject:Re: DML locking behavior of Falcon and InnoDB
View as plain text
On Di, 2009-05-12 at 22:39 +0200, Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz wrote:
> On Di, 2009-05-12 at 16:13 -0400, Ann W. Harrison wrote:
> > Hi Hakan,
> >
> > Your explanation was just a bit terse.  What happened in Connection 1
> > after the DDL operation but before the commit?  After the commit?
> >

> What happened in case of Falcon and InnoDB in Connection 1 after
> Connection 2's DDL but before the commit?
>
> A: The SELECT * t1 worked as expected
>
> After the commit?
>
> A: The SELECT * t1 worked as expected
>

> For Falcon strange things are happening. In my last email I got
> ERROR 1015 (HY000): Can't lock file (errno: 212)
>
> This time I get:
> [22:33] root@test>SELECT * FROM t1;
> ERROR 1213 (40001): Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try
> restarting transaction
>
> This means, that I have to do some further testing ...

The strange behavior is now documented as
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=44836 DDL locking is not consistent

--
Hakan Küçükyılmaz, Senior Software Engineer DBTG/MySQL +49 160
98953296

Thread
DML locking behavior of Falcon and InnoDBHakan Kuecuekyilmaz12 May
  • Re: DML locking behavior of Falcon and InnoDBHakan Kuecuekyilmaz12 May
    • Re: DML locking behavior of Falcon and InnoDBKevin Lewis13 May
  • Re: DML locking behavior of Falcon and InnoDBAnn W. Harrison13 May