List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz Date:April 28 2009 5:13pm
Subject:Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?
View as plain text
On Di, 2009-04-28 at 19:06 -0700, Olav Sandstaa wrote:
> Lars-Erik Bjørk wrote:
> > Hi Olav!
> >
> > Just a side question ... Are schema names supposed to be case
> > sensitive? Will adding quotes
> > as you do change the behavior regarding this?
>
> Good question. In this particular case this should not be an issue. In
> this part of the code we have already "upper-cased" the schema name to
> "MYSQL.1" (as also pointed out by Kevin). So for this "internally
> generated" schema name it seems to be safe to add the quotes. My concern
> is if this code is also used in cases where the schema name is not upper
> cased and where we really should not have the quotes?
>
> I think we also have the same situation for the table name. And for
> these we always add quotes. So based on that it seems natural to do the
> same for the schema name as for the table name. Still it would be nice
> to know if there was any particular reason for having added the quotes
> in the code only for the table name and not for the schema name.

I think, I added the quotes for the table name years ago. It fixed a bug
and I did not further question it. Unfortunately the version history of
that fix is in our bk sources and my bk client on bk-internal.mysql.com
does not work anymore, therefore I cannot give a reliable answer here.

[cut]

Best,

Hakan

--
Hakan Küçükyılmaz, Senior Software Engineer DBTG/MySQL +49 160
98953296

Thread
Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Olav Sandstaa28 Apr
  • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Lars-Erik Bjørk28 Apr
    • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Kevin Lewis28 Apr
    • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Ann W. Harrison28 Apr
    • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Olav Sandstaa28 Apr
      • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz28 Apr