List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Lewis Date:April 28 2009 4:35pm
Subject:Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?
View as plain text
In this case, "mysqld.1" has already been upper cased to "MYSQLD.1".  So
expanding what is included in the quotes should not make a difference.
I think this change is fine.

Lars-Erik Bjørk wrote:
> Hi Olav!
>
> Just a side question ... Are schema names supposed to be case sensitive?
> Will adding quotes
> as you do change the behavior regarding this?
>
> /Lars-Erik
>
> Olav Sandstaa wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am working on Bug #42752 "Error when creating Falcon temporary table
>> with a key". This bug seems to be highlighted by the introduction of
>> the new mysql-test-run framework (MTR2). Running the following
>> statement against Falcon:
>>
>>   CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE t1 (s1 INTEGER, KEY(s1));
>>
>> fails when using the new MTR2 while succeeds when running with the old
>> MTR.
>>
>> With MTR1 the following "mySqlName" is passed into
>> StorageInterface::create:
>>
>>   /home/olav/mysql/develop/olav-2994/mysql-test/var/tmp/#sql23ff_1_0
>>
>> while with MTR2 the "mySqlName" is:
>>

>> /home/olav/mysql/develop/olav-2995/mysql-test/var/tmp/mysqld.1/#sql2d05_2_0
>>

>> Using these two, Falcon uses a schemaName = TMP in the first case and
>> schemaName = MYSQLD.1 in the second case.
>>
>> The failure occurs when Falcon tries to create an index on this table
>> by constructing the following SQL statement:
>>
>>  create index "#SQL2D05_2_0$S1" on MYSQLD.1."#SQL2D05_2_0" ("S1")
>>
>> This fails when Falcon is parsing the statement and gives the
>> following error:
>>
>>   syntax error on line 1
>>   create index "#SQL2D05_2_0$S1" on MYSQLD.1."#SQL2D05_2_0" ("S1")
>>   ^ expected name list got .1
>>
>> In above SQL string everything except the schema name is "quoted". The
>> quoting occurs in the following code in
>> StorageInterface::createIndex() in ha_falcon.cpp:
>>
>>           gen.gen("create %sindex \"%s\" on %s.\"%s\" ", unique,
>> indexDesc.name, schemaName, tableName);
>>
>> Anyone who knows why we have not added quotes around the schema name?
>>
>> If I add quotes around the schema name in the above line the test case
>> for the bug no longer fails. So that seems like a simple solution -
>> but before doing so I would like to know if schema names including
>> "."s should be considered valid for Falcon.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Olav

Thread
Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Olav Sandstaa28 Apr
  • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Lars-Erik Bjørk28 Apr
    • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Kevin Lewis28 Apr
    • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Ann W. Harrison28 Apr
    • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Olav Sandstaa28 Apr
      • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz28 Apr