List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lars-Erik Bjørk Date:April 28 2009 7:36am
Subject:Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?
View as plain text
Hi Olav!

Just a side question ... Are schema names supposed to be case sensitive?
Will adding quotes
as you do change the behavior regarding this?

/Lars-Erik

Olav Sandstaa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on Bug #42752 "Error when creating Falcon temporary table
> with a key". This bug seems to be highlighted by the introduction of
> the new mysql-test-run framework (MTR2). Running the following
> statement against Falcon:
>
>   CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE t1 (s1 INTEGER, KEY(s1));
>
> fails when using the new MTR2 while succeeds when running with the old
> MTR.
>
> With MTR1 the following "mySqlName" is passed into
> StorageInterface::create:
>
>   /home/olav/mysql/develop/olav-2994/mysql-test/var/tmp/#sql23ff_1_0
>
> while with MTR2 the "mySqlName" is:
>

> /home/olav/mysql/develop/olav-2995/mysql-test/var/tmp/mysqld.1/#sql2d05_2_0
>

> Using these two, Falcon uses a schemaName = TMP in the first case and
> schemaName = MYSQLD.1 in the second case.
>
> The failure occurs when Falcon tries to create an index on this table
> by constructing the following SQL statement:
>
>  create index "#SQL2D05_2_0$S1" on MYSQLD.1."#SQL2D05_2_0" ("S1")
>
> This fails when Falcon is parsing the statement and gives the
> following error:
>
>   syntax error on line 1
>   create index "#SQL2D05_2_0$S1" on MYSQLD.1."#SQL2D05_2_0" ("S1")
>   ^ expected name list got .1
>
> In above SQL string everything except the schema name is "quoted". The
> quoting occurs in the following code in
> StorageInterface::createIndex() in ha_falcon.cpp:
>
>           gen.gen("create %sindex \"%s\" on %s.\"%s\" ", unique,
> indexDesc.name, schemaName, tableName);
>
> Anyone who knows why we have not added quotes around the schema name?
>
> If I add quotes around the schema name in the above line the test case
> for the bug no longer fails. So that seems like a simple solution -
> but before doing so I would like to know if schema names including
> "."s should be considered valid for Falcon.
>
> Thanks,
> Olav

Thread
Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Olav Sandstaa28 Apr
  • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Lars-Erik Bjørk28 Apr
    • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Kevin Lewis28 Apr
    • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Ann W. Harrison28 Apr
    • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Olav Sandstaa28 Apr
      • Re: Is MYSQLD.1 a valid schema name in Falcon?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz28 Apr