List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Starkey Date:April 15 2009 8:44pm
Subject:Re: CycleManager suggestion
View as plain text
Kevin Lewis wrote:
> Jim, Do you think this is a good idea to do in the CycleManager?
>
>    while (!thread->shutdownInProgress)
>       {
> +     // Only sleep if there is nothing to do.
> +     if (!(recordVersionPurgatory || recordPurgatory ||
> +           valuePurgatory || bufferPurgatory))
>         thread->sleep(CYCLE_SLEEP);

Beats me.  In one case you speed time sleeping, in the other you spend
time waiting for the locks to go away.  I suppose your scheme would get
memory released sooner, which isn't a bad thing.

--
Jim Starkey
President, NimbusDB, Inc.

Thread
CycleManager suggestionKevin Lewis15 Apr
  • Re: CycleManager suggestionJim Starkey15 Apr
    • Re: CycleManager suggestionKevin Lewis15 Apr