List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Lewis Date:April 13 2009 5:03am
Subject:Re: Recovery bugs, classified by me
View as plain text

James Day wrote:
> Please help with getting resources so that this bug is not closed merely
> because the person looking at it doesn't have access to the required
> equipment. Someone in Sun's labs may be able to assist if nobody in your
> team can do it.

Assigned to Olav.

>>> Yes I can confirm we have not had that recently. However I object to
>>> the
>>> "wrong endian" comment. Falcon does not like Sparc, 5.4 will not be
>>> released
>>> on Windows, so what are we left with - Linux only? I suggest that
>>> whoever
>>> feels the least aversion to GDB at least tries to replay the recovery
>>> before
>>> closing this bug.
>>
>> Philip, absolutely. I don't feel attracted by gdb  and frankly cannot
>> use it
>> for anything else then crashdumping (which makes me as good as Linus
>> when it
>> comes to debugging on Linux:)) But the problem with the wrong endian
>> is that
>> I need a Sparc or Power  processor or  to replay the scenario.
>
> James Day, MySQL Senior Support Engineer, Sun Microsystems, England

Thread
Blobs, earlyWrite, and All ThatJim Starkey9 Apr
  • Recovery bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
    • PAGE IO bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
    • Recovery and Page IO bugs classified by VladChristopher Powers11 Apr
  • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by mePhilip Stoev9 Apr
    • RE: Recovery bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
      • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by meJames Day13 Apr
        • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by meKevin Lewis13 Apr
    • RE: Recovery bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
    • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by meChristopher Powers11 Apr
      • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by meJames Day13 Apr
  • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by mePhilip Stoev9 Apr
    • RE: Recovery bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
  • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by mePhilip Stoev9 Apr
  • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by mePhilip Stoev11 Apr