List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Day Date:April 12 2009 11:39pm
Subject:Re: Recovery bugs, classified by me
View as plain text
Kevin,

Please help with getting resources so that this bug is not closed merely
because the person looking at it doesn't have access to the required
equipment. Someone in Sun's labs may be able to assist if nobody in your
team can do it.

>> Yes I can confirm we have not had that recently. However I object to
>> the
>> "wrong endian" comment. Falcon does not like Sparc, 5.4 will not be
>> released
>> on Windows, so what are we left with - Linux only? I suggest that
>> whoever
>> feels the least aversion to GDB at least tries to replay the recovery
>> before
>> closing this bug.
>
> Philip, absolutely. I don't feel attracted by gdb  and frankly cannot use it
> for anything else then crashdumping (which makes me as good as Linus when it
> comes to debugging on Linux:)) But the problem with the wrong endian is that
> I need a Sparc or Power  processor or  to replay the scenario.

James Day, MySQL Senior Support Engineer, Sun Microsystems, England
Thread
Blobs, earlyWrite, and All ThatJim Starkey9 Apr
  • Recovery bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
    • PAGE IO bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
    • Recovery and Page IO bugs classified by VladChristopher Powers11 Apr
  • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by mePhilip Stoev9 Apr
    • RE: Recovery bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
      • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by meJames Day13 Apr
        • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by meKevin Lewis13 Apr
    • RE: Recovery bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
    • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by meChristopher Powers11 Apr
      • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by meJames Day13 Apr
  • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by mePhilip Stoev9 Apr
    • RE: Recovery bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
  • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by mePhilip Stoev9 Apr
  • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by mePhilip Stoev11 Apr