List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Philip Stoev Date:April 11 2009 6:42am
Subject:Re: Recovery bugs, classified by me
View as plain text
>> Note that this is just an error printed in the log, the database
>> continues to run. Therefore "delete all falcon tablespaces" is not a good
>> workaround because a person may not even notice the problem, since it
>> does not reveal itself in a crash. God knows what else is also damaged.
>
> Seems to me that if the system tables are not fully established, then the
> database is not viable and recovery should not be run.

This is fine with me as long as the user is unable to issue any updates
agains the non-viable database that would be lost when recovery is not run.

The only way I can see to achieve that is to fully establish the system
tables and make the database viable before the init() function of the Falcon
plugin returns sucess to the core server and the core server becomes "ready
for connections".

Philip Stoev

Thread
Blobs, earlyWrite, and All ThatJim Starkey9 Apr
  • Recovery bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
    • PAGE IO bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
    • Recovery and Page IO bugs classified by VladChristopher Powers11 Apr
  • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by mePhilip Stoev9 Apr
    • RE: Recovery bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
      • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by meJames Day13 Apr
        • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by meKevin Lewis13 Apr
    • RE: Recovery bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
    • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by meChristopher Powers11 Apr
      • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by meJames Day13 Apr
  • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by mePhilip Stoev9 Apr
    • RE: Recovery bugs, classified by meVladislav Vaintroub9 Apr
  • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by mePhilip Stoev9 Apr
  • Re: Recovery bugs, classified by mePhilip Stoev11 Apr