List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Lewis Date:March 25 2009 1:59am
Subject:Re: Falcon Coding Style -- The Theory
View as plain text
So the style actually used is;

8.  If the change seems a little risky, comment deletable lines
initially.  Then some time later, after the change is fully tested and
proven, delete them.

All the references to syncPrior are currently commented out instead of
deleted.  In a couple weeks, when the benefits of the CycleManager are
proven, any one of us can probably take the initiative to delete them.

Kevin

Jim Starkey wrote:
> Vladislav Vaintroub wrote:
>> Studying recent pushes..
>>
>> -        ASSERT(transState != NULL);
>> +        //ASSERT(transState != NULL);
>>
>> 8. Never delete code, comment out ;)
>>

> Gosh, Vlad, I do that because I make a lot of mistakes, and when
> something blows up in my face, knowing exactly what I'd screwed up is
> very time consuming.  Part of regular edit pass to delete detritus like
> that.
>
> People who make fewer mistakes than I do don't need to do things like that.

Thread
Falcon Coding Style -- The TheoryJim Starkey24 Mar
  • Re: Falcon Coding Style -- The TheoryAnn W. Harrison24 Mar
  • RE: Falcon Coding Style -- The TheoryVladislav Vaintroub24 Mar
    • Re: Falcon Coding Style -- The TheoryJim Starkey24 Mar
      • Re: Falcon Coding Style -- The TheoryKevin Lewis25 Mar
        • RE: Falcon Coding Style -- The TheoryVladislav Vaintroub25 Mar