List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Starkey Date:March 24 2009 9:44pm
Subject:Re: Falcon Coding Style -- The Theory
View as plain text
Vladislav Vaintroub wrote:
> Studying recent pushes..
>
> -		ASSERT(transState != NULL);
> +		//ASSERT(transState != NULL);
>
> 8. Never delete code, comment out ;)

Gosh, Vlad, I do that because I make a lot of mistakes, and when
something blows up in my face, knowing exactly what I'd screwed up is
very time consuming.  Part of regular edit pass to delete detritus like
that.

People who make fewer mistakes than I do don't need to do things like that.

--
Jim Starkey
President, NimbusDB, Inc.

Thread
Falcon Coding Style -- The TheoryJim Starkey24 Mar
  • Re: Falcon Coding Style -- The TheoryAnn W. Harrison24 Mar
  • RE: Falcon Coding Style -- The TheoryVladislav Vaintroub24 Mar
    • Re: Falcon Coding Style -- The TheoryJim Starkey24 Mar
      • Re: Falcon Coding Style -- The TheoryKevin Lewis25 Mar
        • RE: Falcon Coding Style -- The TheoryVladislav Vaintroub25 Mar