List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vladislav Vaintroub Date:March 10 2009 11:24am
Subject:Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message written
independently of falcon-debug-mask
View as plain text
Olav Sandstaa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have now implement this functionality. The main added functionality to
> the Log class is:
>
> 1. A new debug mask called LogFatalError:
>
> This debug mask will be on by default for the Falcon log. It will not
> be disabled if the user provides a debug mask at startup or changes the
> debug mask for a running server.
>
> 2. A new log method Log::fatal():
>
> Log messages written using this method will always be written to
> Falcon/MySQL's log file.
>
> Note that compare to my original proposal this debug mask will only be
> on for the  original Falcon logger (StorageInterface::logger), not for
> the "MySQL logger" (StorageInterface::mysqlLogger). Due to this the
> default log mask is not completely maintained inside the Log class but
> has to be set in when the Falcon logger is added to listen to the log
> (in ha_falcon.cpp).
>
> The patch is available here:
>
>   http://lists.mysql.com/commits/68742
>
> It would be great if someone could have a look at the patch and either
> give feedback or an OK to push it.
>
> Thanks,
> Olav

Olav, I think it is ok basically, but I'd prefer to maybe have it
differently named. It could be situations where one wants to write to
the log, even if there is no fatal error, but on some very interesting
event. Maybe LogFatalError should be LogAlwaysWrite?

Thread
Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskOlav Sandstaa17 Oct
  • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskJim Starkey17 Oct
    • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskAnn W. Harrison17 Oct
    • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskOlav Sandstaa10 Mar
      • Please review implementation of WL#4380 (Hooks for crashing Falcon andits recovery)Vladislav Vaintroub10 Mar
      • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskVladislav Vaintroub10 Mar
        • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskOlav Sandstaa15 Mar
          • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskOlav Sandstaa23 Jun
            • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskKevin Lewis23 Jun
            • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskVladislav Vaintroub23 Jun
      • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskJim Starkey10 Mar